Sale of Companies Serving the Intellectual Developmentally Disabled
Specialized Experience & Knowledge
Selling Businesses serving persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities requires specialized experience and knowledge. Healthcare Transactions Group has represented buyers and sellers of facilities, services, and programs to the developmentally disabled since 1996, including Group Homes, ICF-MRs, ICF-DDs, Day Training and Habilitation, Home and Community Based Services and Waiver Programs. Healthcare Transactions Group represented both for-profit and non-profit intellectual developmental disabilities’ providers when they are ready to sell. Healthcare Transactions Group initiated, advised, and closed the sale of Genesis Works and Avancer, Genoa, Illinois, the largest private for-profit owner and operator of group homes and day treatment services to intellectual developmentally disabled clients in Illinois.
To consider an acquisition of your developmental disabilities program or facility, potential buyers would need to review the following information:
- Medicaid Cost Reports
- Most Recent Waiver or Medicaid Rate Sheet Calculations
- Previous year and year to date Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Current Census or Utilization Statistics
- Brief Description of Services, Supports and number of individuals served
- Types of Funding, Rates and Length of Contract, if waiver-sponsored
- If real estate is involved, is it leased or owned?
- Table of Organization
- Detail of Corporate Management and Overhead Charges and All Compensation to Owners & Directors
Healthcare Transaction Group’s strategies to maximize the selling price of businesses serving the intellectual developmentally disabled are:
- Identify and Contact Prime and Likely Potential Buyers…but still Market to a Large Audience of Potential Buyers
- Get House in Order before Sale, particularly Financial Statements
- Maintain an Orderly, Trustworthy & Confidential Process
- Allow for Flexibility in Process (Rebidding & Overbidding)
- Prepare a Convincing Confidential Memorandum – Specify Upsides and Key Investment Highlights
- Disclose Everything – No Secrets…Avoid Renegotiations
- Target “Strategic Buyers” rather than “Financial Buyers”
- Maintain Bidding Process to Ensure Maximum Price is Competitively Realized
Strategic Advising + Transactional Guidance
At this time of unprecedented change and reimbursement uncertainty, if your organization is considering the sale of your nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, home healthcare, hospice, behavioral health centers or medical specialty business, please contact us toll-free at 866-MERGERS. We guarantee effective and personalized representation at competitive cost.