Census Development and Marketing
In the Trenches with your Marketing Team
Healthcare Transactions Group rolls up its sleeves and works with your management team to devise marketing strategies, contact discharge sources, and revitalize sales and communication initiatives and promotions to increase referrals, admissions, and census.
Healthcare Transactions Group offers marketing and census development consulting services to post-acute providers. While we provide market analysis and research, what distinguishes us, is we roll up our sleeves and work with your team in the trenches in formulating marketing strategies, sales training and promotion, census buildup, admissions, and contacting referral sources. We can provide these services on an hourly consulting, a fixed fee monthly retainer, or project basis. These professional services include:
- Analyzing the facility’s performance, patient origin data, capabilities, quality of care, reputation, market demographics, and service are prospects to determine its baseline for market and census development strategies.
- Assisting the facility to identify, formulate, and implement a competitive marketing strategy in its service area.
- Monitoring internal census reports propose strategies and plans of action for improvement.
- Assist in setting up marketing intelligence systems.
- Sales promotion, admissions, and referral management training, and oversight.
- Mentoring and educating new administrators, referral managers, and admissions/marketing personnel.
- Marketing, census, and communications development planning with administrator and admission director to expand referral sources, including special promotions, advertising, working with therapy provider to identify unmet product lines in the service area, social media postings, and telephone calling to target local discharge and referral patient and resident sources.
- Participate virtually via ZOOM in operational and census status and progress meetings with the admissions coordinator, marketers, administrator, and therapy.
- Recruit additional personnel for marketing and admissions staff.
Tamera (Tammy) Weis heads our post-acute census development and marketing services, assisted by Steve Palmen. Ms. Weis has more than 20 year’s progressive professional experience in long-term care as a development and operations executive. She worked clinically in the insurance and in hospital administration fields. Tammy is an RN, Certified Case Manager, Certified Managed Care Nurse, Certified Dementia Practitioner, and is certified in Lean Six Sigma and Change Management. As a former Chief Executive Officer of a multistate skilled nursing facility chain, Tammy has the clinical and operational expertise and experience to assist your organization with census development, problem-solving, management change, training, education, and marketing strategies. Tammy can work within your budget, to find the most optimal solution for your organization.
Tammy takes a “coaching” approach: She encourages, excites, and inspires the existing staff engaged in admissions and marketing, becomes their advisor and confidante, and gives them plays to run. They have ongoing huddles and regular follow-up meetings on their actions to assess their effectiveness, and to devise other plans.